"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Saturday, June 13, 2009

Update


It's been a while and I must say, I'm chomping at the bit to get back. I can't tell you how many times a day I blog in my head, my fingers longing to type out each word onto my keyboard. But, it's just not time yet. Still, I had to give my mind and fingers some sort of outlet to blow off some cooped up steam.

This sabbatical is not one that I'm taking much pleasure in. It's not for enjoyment purposes as much as it just trying iron some things out within myself. Sometimes I wish my life could look like this...

Wouldn't it be lovely if, at the end of every day, you could neatly fit all of the aspects of your life perfectly into a sweet little box, tie it up with a big bow and then just stand back and stare it at with a sense of satisfaction and say, "perfect!" Well, the truth is, life is seldom like that. If you're anything like me than much of the time, you're staring at the mess that surrounds you wondering where all of it is going to fit, or if it's even supposed to at all.

Don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm a very happy woman. I have a wonderful husband who supports me in all I do, two beautiful little girls that bring me joy unspeakable and most of all, I'm a daughter of the High King, Jesus Christ. My life may not fit into a dainty little aqua box, but somehow, it works and it works well. In fact, it's in the middle of a mess that you are usually faced with the task of sorting through the mess to find the really important parts...the parts that your box just can't do without.

And that's where I am. Sorting through the mess.

On a lighter note...do you remember my sister-in-law, Kim and her jam business? Well, in an effort to find new ways to highlight her super yummy jams, Fresh Batch Cupcakes was born! And guess who's business that is... yep...mine.

I've currently got 5 flavors and I'm working on a few more. I did my first show two weekends ago and I sold out! How cool is that?!?




So, there's your quick update. I'm really hoping to be back soon! Until then, I miss you guys!


3 comments on "Update"

Trice on June 13, 2009 at 6:10 AM said...

Congrats on the business. I will be ordering some jam as soon as I buy my tickets to the states. Do you have a website for your cupcakes yet. Warren is deployed and could probably use some yummy cupcakes too. Go Girl!

Emily said...

Wow Annie! Look at you and your ambitiousness! Website? Pics of the actual cupcakes? Im interested to see how you incorporate the extremely yummy jam into cupcakes...do tell!

Jacquie Ryan Photographic on June 18, 2009 at 11:59 PM said...

Going through the mess is what makes us stronger, right? I've been praying for you. :)

I've been telling everyone about your fresh batch cupcakes and everyone says that it sounds so delicious! I need to come visit so that I can eat cupcakes, play with the girls and spend time with you guys all day long. Emphasis on the eating cupcakes all day long part, lol. ;)