"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, July 19, 2010

Calm Before the Change


Why is it that as soon as you feel you get used to something being the way it is, it changes?!?

From everything to your kids sleep schedules to the way your local Target is laid out, as soon as you start to feel you have a handle on the way things are, someone decides to change it all up.

I don't do well with change.

Well, I take that back. I don't do well with the anticipation leading up to change. If things are going to change, well it's better for me if I have no previous knowledge of it. The powers that be at Target need keep that in mind...

Anyway, things are changing again in our small but valuable life. It's a road I've been down before, but just haven't had to travel quite this long. That's alright. One thing all this running has taught me is that as long as you keep the pace you're meant to keep, you can run any distance set before you.

So I'll keep running. In every sense of the word.

But tonight, I'll sit.

I'll sit and enjoy the remnants of the life I know right this moment,

before everything changes tomorrow.

I'll sit and enjoy my Honey,

My Date <3

and this yummy summer dinner,

Summer Dinner

and be thankful for the change :)


2 comments on "Calm Before the Change"

Anna on July 20, 2010 at 1:27 PM said...

That dinner does look yummy. Can I have the recipe? :) Praying for you this week Annie!
Love you-Anna

Tales from Goshen on August 4, 2010 at 1:52 PM said...

Is that risotto? And prosciutto? Looks yummy!