"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, August 2, 2010

House Guest


We have a special guest at our house this week.

We love having her. Although, I'm not sure she's loving being here quite as much as we love having her here...

Still, it's good for her.

And good for us.

This, is Morgan.

Morgan

Morgan is my brother's family's dog.

We have her for a few weeks while my brother is in training and my sister-in-law and the kiddos are visiting some friends.

I'm being reminded slowly of the joys and trials that come with dog ownership.

For example, she left me quite the surprise yesterday in my living room floor while I was at church with the girls.

She felt really bad about it as she curled up and cowered as close to the ground as possible as soon as I entered the house. I already knew she was in trouble before I even found the "surprise."

My girls don't quite understand the digestive systems of dogs and therefore proceeded to feed her about 30 mini marshmallows out of their Lucky Charms and I was then up at 4:30 this morning cleaning up dog vomit from the carpet in my bedroom.

Friends...kind of ;)

Not to mention, up again at 6:30 to let her out to go potty. Poor thing stood at my bedroom door and whimpered frantically until I woke up and ran her down the stairs into the front yard.

She does well with the girls constant pestering. They don't mean to be bothersome, they just love her so and she's resorted to hiding in various places throughout the house.

pals...for now

But she's quite the cuddler and she follows me around like...well, like a puppy.

It's sweet.

This is good practice for us.

Our puppy will be here around Christmas time and Morgan is quickly reminding me of what I'm in for.

And as much as this might deter many a woman,

it only makes me more excited!

Because the joys of dog ownership, most assuredly outweigh the trials...

Morgan's Spot

at least they do in my book ;)

1 comments on "House Guest"

Amanda Jo on August 2, 2010 at 11:23 AM said...

Morgan is such a cute dog!! I'm glad to hear she and the girls are getting along well! :)

P.S. I LOVE your blog header!!