"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sick and Happy


Izzy is sick.

The Sick one

Like, really sick. Like, 102 degree temperature and can't keep anything down kind of sick.

When I was growing up, this kind of sick called for a few things of necessity:

ginger ale

saltine crackers

and

lots of Disney movies.

Well, thanks to my neighbor Michelle and her large Netflix like collection of children's movies, I'm covered in the Disney area.

Sick Day

But I awoke this morning, burning fleshed toddler on my hip begging for "food," to discover that I had neither ginger ale nor saltine crackers.

I smacked my hand to my forehead and scolded myself for not being better prepared for these kinds of things and prayed that she'd be able to hold down a little bit of Gatorade.

Then, I updated my Facebook status to this:


"Ugh, Izzy is still feeling pretty bad this morning 101.8 and another "episode." poor baby:( anyone wanna run out and grab some gingerale and saltiness for me?!?!"



(Yes, I'm aware that I misspelled saltines)
I was joking...but I guess only half way, if I'm being completely honest. But, a mere 5 minutes later, I got this response from my neighbor Randy:


"Miss Annie I'd be happy to help. I'll be there shortly if you are still in need."


And in that moment, though I had a pukey baby, and my hair was a mess and my face hadn't been washed and my teeth weren't brushed and I was wearing my husband's oversized Redskins t-shirt, I felt like the most blessed woman on the entire earth!

Randy showed up 15 minutes later with a 6 pack of Seagram's Ginger Ale and a box of saltine's and it was all I could do not to hug the life out of him.

But I refrained...ya know, cuz of the whole unbrushed teeth, unwashed face, pukey baby thing.

Have I mentioned how much I love my neighbors? Well, I do.

They make my life so blessed.



3 comments on "Sick and Happy"

Erin {House of Turquoise} on August 4, 2010 at 8:59 AM said...

Awww that's so awesome! I'd love to be in a neighborhood surrounded by people with such big hearts!

I hope Izzy feels better soon!

Tales from Goshen on August 4, 2010 at 1:52 PM said...

So sorry, sweet girls. Wish I could help you!Love you much!

Sarah on August 4, 2010 at 5:31 PM said...

I saw that on your facebook this morning. I am so happy that someone was able to get you your necessities. And regardless of being sick, she is still pretty darn cute! I hope she is better soon and no one else catches it! *hugs*