"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Sunday, March 20, 2011

7 Times 70


Grace is at the very center of every successful human relationship, whether Christian or not in nature.

Every human relationship, if it's going to last, has to extend the hand of grace and forgiveness from time to time.

Because people are not perfect.

And even non-believers know that.

But what about when a Christian, a Believer, an acceptor of Christ's eternal grace has a hard time extending that same grace to another person.

What about when the hurt runs so deep, when the offense is so divisive, when the betrayal is so big that forgiveness seems like no option.

What about when your heart digs it's heels in and says, "No way! They do not DESERVE my grace!"

That is my struggle today.

Knowing that I am in no position to deny anyone forgiveness, but feeling like I can't grant it.

I fear I may have hurt or offended those who are less close to me because of this sickness.

And I'm sorry for that.

But those who love me will walk next to me through this battle, with constant reminders of God's holiness vs. my own depravity and gentle nudges towards righteousness. They will extend me grace.

And I thank the Lord for that.

For I am chief among sinners,

desperately in need of Grace.


1 comments on "7 Times 70"

Meg. on March 22, 2011 at 8:02 AM said...

I hear you Anne, I used to think forgiveness was a sinch until I was cut to the heart so very deeply I didn't (don't?) even want forgiveness to be an option, much less a necessity. Asking the Holy Spirit to give us both renewed minds and hearts. Love you.