"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Saturday, March 12, 2011

City Girl for a Weekend


So as many of you know who read this blog,

my hubby just returned home from almost 10 months of being away from us due to a deployment and the training before hand.

10 months of being away from your hubs takes it's toll on a gal.

So, he swept me off to NYC last weekend for some R&R.

On the plane headed to NYC

We had SO much fun.

We really didn't do much "touristy" stuff.

We mostly walked, took pictures, ate, walked some more, took more pictures, ate some more and not necessarily in that order.

It was our kind of trip!

Places we were SURE to hit up were:

Roxy's (Amazing Cheesecake!)

Bobby Flay's Bar Americain (VERY yummy!)

Magnolia Bakery (good, but nothing compares to
my beloved Georgetown Cupcakes)

Magnolia Bakery Cupcakes <3

Little Italy

Little Italy Dessert

Ground Zero

Cross at Ground Zero

Central Park

Love at Central Park

Top of the Rock

Kiss a the Top of the Rock

We stayed in Times Square so we saw all of that. We walked through SoHo, Tribeca, Canal Street, the Upper East side, the Upper West side and the Financial District.

Rainy Night in NYC

Tribeca

Brooklyn Bridge from Pier 17

We walked a lot.

It was so nice to get away for a little while for some much needed alone time with my best friend...

Enjoying some vino with my honey

but I did realize a few things:

1) I REALLY miss my babies when I'm away.

2) My mom ROCKS. (She stayed with the girls while Paul
and I were away and was sick the whole time!)

3) The Instagram app on the iPhone is amazing and great for
when you don't want to lug around your DSLR

4) I am really NOT a city girl.

NYC was fun and I really hope to go back one day,

but I was VERY happy to come home!

I wouldn't trade my temporary, military-owned slice of Heaven for even the most posh city in the world!

Home...

4 comments on "City Girl for a Weekend"

Laura Shaffer said...

I do enjoy reading your blogs..I am so happy you and Paul had so much fun. And it sure is a blessing when you have family taking care of your lil blessings. Keep up the "enjoyable" blogs..it is one of my favorite "books" to read! Love yall, from one country gal to another!

Under Her Wings on March 12, 2011 at 6:58 AM said...

Isn't it a fascinating place? I always love to get home, though, after being in a big city. You are still a woman after my own heart--plenty of pictures of the good food. I love you, my sweet girl.

Tales from Goshen on March 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM said...

What a beautiful picture of you!!!!! I wondered if you two would galavant off somewhere romantic. Good for you. It looks blissful, my friend, absolutely blissful.

Soho happens to be home to my favorite knitting store...Purl...I'm so jealous!

Meg. on March 16, 2011 at 12:41 PM said...

Thanks for sharing photos from your trip :) We were there just before meeting you last spring. Seems like a long time ago. And I must admit I'm fairly jealous of the green grass growing in your yard...we've still got a few feet of snow trying to melt off.