"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, May 23, 2011

Casting Cares


Well, the military beckons once again for our little family.

This summer = move.

Not a big move mind you, but a move just the same.

We'll be making the trek a whole 30 miles south to D.C.

And even though the move is a short distance away, the process is the same as when we moved from Hawaii to here.

Boxes need to be checked on the military side.

Housing and movers needs to be arranged and set up.

Paperwork needs to be filled out and transitions have to be made.

It's going to be a big summer for us.

Lots of change.

A new home, a new neighborhood, a new job, a new area to get used to, and I'll start homeschooling in August so a new homeschool group.

As excited as I am for the change (it's the military brat in me),

it's a little nerve wracking too when I consider all that needs to be done.

A few days ago, I was officially freaking out.

The list of "to dos" seemed daunting and I felt eager to start crossing stuff off, but alas, there's really not much I CAN do right this moment.

Thus, the freak out.

I decided to run a few errands, get out of the house a bit. Éva came with me.

I drove to Walmart in silence, gazing straight ahead, brain reeling.

And then, Éva started singing.


Wow.

This has been one of my favorite songs since I was Éva's age and it was exactly what I needed to hear in that moment.

Her sweet voice singing those simple and whole words was like a soothing balm to wrecked psyche.

Out of the mouths of babes, or so it goes.

Éva's intuition kicks in again,

and God continues to use her to teach me just as much as I hope to teach her.

DSC_0152

4 comments on "Casting Cares"

Under Her Wings on May 23, 2011 at 5:16 AM said...

Wow! 30 miles. Why are you moving? It seems that everyplace is 30 miles from D.C! I know that's one of those exciting times, albeit scary. And that precious girl, Annie. What a blessing she is--and what a blessing to have a mommy like you! Love you

Anne on May 23, 2011 at 8:08 AM said...

Well, Paul got into a military MBA program down at Bolling AFB. Being that he'llbe going tO school there, and that traffic around here is horrible, we thought we'd cut out the commute by just living on Bolling:) That way, he gets greater accessibility to the school/library and we get more time with him too:) Plus, homeschooling in DC is going to be amazing!

Amanda Jo on May 24, 2011 at 7:15 AM said...

Bless your heart!!! No matter the distance moving is always a chore. Thank you guys so much for serving our country!!

Tales from Goshen on June 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM said...

Anne, I'm going to start homeschooling Brooklyn this fall too! Met with Charity last Friday to pick her brain. Send me an email and let's talk!