"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring has Sprung


It's green outside, the temps are consistently in the 60's, it rains often and the deer are eating my daylillies...

Deer got to my day lillies :(

it's Spring.

Spring is more like New Years for me.

There's something about watching new life pop up from the formerly frozen ground that inspires hope and determination in me.

Blushing Bride

I'm always so amazed when my perennials push their way through the earth yet again...and this year, even some of my annuals made a come-back! Yay!

Bloom

Even the harshest of winters can't keep new life from finding a way. It's really incredible.

And so symbolic.

The Lord really does walk us through the darkest and coldest of times,

only to offer us a chance at renewal when it's over.

Limelight Hydrangea

How blessed we are!

Along with my foliage is blossoming a beautiful friendship between my two girls.

Sisters Share

As Izzy gets older, the gap between them developmentally seems to be narrowing and they have discovered one another in a new way in recent weeks.

My Izzy Bee

I over hear them often telling one another that they love each other. Too cute! I find myself constantly running upstairs at the sound of screaming only to discover squeals of delight...not terror or frustration.

They share well (most of the time) and sing together. As different as they are, they truly do love to be with each other and that does my heart good :)

Éva

This is also Charlie's first spring.

Confused Charles

My puppy has LOVED frolicking all over the front yard chasing bubbles,

Charlie licks his chops!

Charlie chasing Bubbles

taking long walks next to the stroller and running leash-less around the green grass at the Parade Field on Post.

DSC_0076

He's also loved sniffing around my garden (which I think has something to do with the deer).

Spring also tends to bring all the neighbors out again.

Eden

It begins in the late morning,

I'll venture outside with my girls, sidewalk chalk in tow

and as if a radar went off around the cul-de-sac,

kids and moms start to trickle from front doors,

Shelby and Olive

bounding across the small pasture,

arms wide open as the run to greet one another somewhere in the middle.

Eden

It's always a joyful reunion.

I love spring in our neighborhood.

Neighborhood KIddos

I love spring period.



2 comments on "Spring has Sprung"

Barbie on April 12, 2011 at 7:08 PM said...

Do you have ample amounts of dog hair at your disposal? Or even better, people hair? Putting hair around your garden can help deter deer and other pests. The only downfall is that you have to replace is after in rains. boo.

Katie on April 13, 2011 at 7:51 AM said...

I'm loving the orange crocs!