"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, February 26, 2009

Snow and Cousins




When we arrived at Lina's house, we were tired of traveling and excited to spend time with family. Eva immediately fell in love with her cousin, Brooke who is 6 going on 30. She's one of the wittiest little kids I've ever met and I'm always amazed at the things that come out of her mouth. She will tell you like it is...she's a lot like her mom in that way.

Brooke was so patient with Eva and Izzy and we had a great time hanging out with them!


We also got our first taste of snow that week! Eva LOVED playing in the snow with Brooke and we even attempted to build our own snowman.

I gotta say though, as much as I adore my husband, I wasn't at all impressed with his snow man building abilities. Paul and I sat in the snow for over an hour trying to build the bottom snow ball for our snow man and this is what we ended up with...


And then, I glanced across the street to Lina's neighbors house only see a little boy, no more than 6, building a perfect snow man. I guess you could say I had a mean case of "snowman envy." So much so, that I grabbed the camera out of Paul's hands, yelled across the street for permission to photograph the snowman and snapped away, plotting next years attempt with grand ambition!

2 comments on "Snow and Cousins"

Anonymous said...

i am loving reading your story! even if it is in little snippets!

Paul Cortez on March 2, 2009 at 10:33 AM said...

I don't care what anyone says, that guy's snowman was juiced up.