"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, March 25, 2010

Parenthood


It's not easy. It's not for the faint of heart. It takes real work. It takes constantly questioning every decision you make. It requires selflessness in it's most basic form. It's not always fun. It's so much more than vignetted images of mother and child in embrace. It's just plain tough.

But when she stops crying as soon as I pick her up and snuggles her face into my neck, it's worth it.

Izzy and I

When she offers me a kiss, on her own accord, it's worth it.

Eva and I

When she looks up from her peanut butter sandwich and tells me she loves me "so much" without being prompted, it's worth it.

I Love You...kind of ;)

And when I see her happy,

My Girls

it's so worth it.

1 comments on "Parenthood"

Erin {House of Turquoise} on March 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM said...

Beautiful. I cannot wait to have my own children. You're so blessed!