"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stress


I. Am. Stressed. I am. There's no stopping it, no holding it back. It just keeps coming, hitting me in waves, overwhelming waves.

Too much happening all at once that is out of my control. I don't do "out of control" well. I just don't.

My house is wreck, my kids are in the pjs until after their afternoon nap and don't get me started on the laundry. Ugh, the laundry.

There's a baby shower to plan, new bedroom furniture for Izzy to purchase, groceries to buy and then there's that one thing. That one thing that I'm not supposed to mention on this blog. It's happening on Saturday. It's huge. It's sad. It's possible, but it's stressful.

I just want to go sit here...

Watchful

and pray this:

Lord you are my light and my salvation
Whom shall I fear if you are near
Lord you are my peace when there is war all around me
And even here inside me I will have no fear

Oh Lord you're my protection from my enemies
You set me high upon a rock and You defend my soul
And when their ways advance against me
I am confident that they cannot make me less, for you have made me whole
O Lord, you are my stronghold
You are my stronghold

Lord you are my strength so let my head be lifted up
That I may glory in the ways you've overcome
Lord you are my home because you've created in me,
a heart that lives the victory that you've already won

Oh Lord you're my protection from my enemies
You set me high upon a rock and You defend my soul
And when their ways advance against me
I am confident that they cannot make me less, for you have made me whole
O Lord, you are my stronghold
You are my stronghold

-Watermark, "You are My Stronghold"


7 comments on "Stress"

Charity on March 18, 2010 at 5:43 AM said...

Hey sweet friend, I will be praying for you. Don't worry about the kids in PJs...sometimes mine stay in theirs ALL day long (then you don't have to get them ready for bed and night :). Also, just leave that baby in her crib - it won't damage her psychie, I promise.

Katie on March 18, 2010 at 6:44 AM said...

Sister, other than the thing you aren't supposed to mention, I'm right there with you. My kids are in PJs until the last possible minute, which could be bedtime again. ;) Me too for that matter. And Izzy is still plenty little for the furniture she has. Put that off until this summer. Or at least next month when you've gotten a new schedule under your belt.

Fresh Batch Jams on March 18, 2010 at 7:00 AM said...

I am going to echo your friends...put off other big things until much later. Give yourself the time needed to adjust to your changes and let the rest go. Make a list of the "must do" and forget the rest – laundry included. (No one is coming to inspect the house and make sure the kids are not eating chicken nuggets 5 days in a row!) As you can see, we all have our kids in pjs until well after noon. We call those days PJ day (and Kyland has them every day we don’t go out!). In the grand scheme of things they are not important. Cry when needed and hug your kids for comfort. YOU CAN DO THIS! I believe in you!

Erin {House of Turquoise} on March 18, 2010 at 9:38 AM said...

Sounds like your plate is entirely too full, and that Saturday is going to be scary. I know you can make it through it though! You're in my prayers.

Little Lovables on March 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM said...

I'm so sorry it's been rough. I hope this video can help brighten your spirit for a bit.

(hugs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz41YxNiHEg

And if it's any consolation, my kids AND myself are in pjs still, with an empty fridge and a royal mess to clean ;)

Amy on March 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM said...

Praying for you friend! Please, please, please, let me know if there is anything you need. I wouldn't mind taking your girls for a morning and playing with them. They are both such cuties. And, I wholeheartedly agree, pjs are great (should feel no guilt there) and no rush on the furniture...she will be fine for a little bit longer =)

sunshinegirl on March 18, 2010 at 8:00 PM said...

Just your kids in PJs?? Sometimes I stayed in mine too, didn't brush my teeth until lunch time and woke up many mornings with kids surrounding my bed on the floor...they didn't even need beds afterall, just a pillow, comforter and a carpeted floor. I love you honey :)