"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mother's Day


...was quiet and delightful.

I was greeted in the morning in my bed by two little monkeys.

two little monkeys

We went to church, where Eva made me the sweetest (literally) gift...

WM-58

brown sugar facial scrub,

Eva's gift

tucked into a bag that she made "all by herself,"

WM-55

complete with a picture of her and I that she drew.

Eva and I

I think I'm the red-head:)

We came home and the girls each had a peanut butter sandwich with Cheetos and I had leftovers.

The girls took naps, and I had a cupcake...

Hummingbird mini cake

or two, but who's counting? Not me.

WM-53

My friends Matt and Michelle brought me flowers,

Tulips from the neighbor

and this little cupcake compact mirror, which I adore.

IMG_0236

My Mom had some flowers delivered to me as well.

Flowers from Mom, Dad and lil Sis

Thanks Mom. I love them and I love you!

I edited some photos and watched a movie with the girls.

I put away some laundry.

My friend Becca brought me home-made Manicotti for dinner. It was delish.

IMG_0235

And my camera battery died so I had to use my iPhone.

The girls went to bed, and I only had to put Izzy back to bed twice.

IMG_0238

She asked me to sing "Don't Cry" which is really just the Amy Grant version of the River Lullaby from the Prince of Egypt.

And Eva wanted to sing "Smile" with me.


IMG_0237

I had a cup of Winter Mint tea with honey and watched a couple episodes of Lost.

I went to bed happy and content and truly blessed.

Peony

It was a very good Mother's Day.

I hope yours was too.


5 comments on "My Mother's Day"

Fresh Batch Jams on May 10, 2010 at 6:56 AM said...

That is so sweet. Can you come sing and record it with my children (my voice is one only a mother could love).....glad you were fillled with love by family and friends

Charity on May 10, 2010 at 7:19 AM said...

What a great day! Happy Mother's Day (a day late). You are a precious friend...I love you so much and wish you lived closer. Are you sure you don't want to drive on down to Arkansas this summer!?!

sunshinegirl on May 10, 2010 at 7:27 AM said...

You are blessed my dear daughter, and so loved.

Amanda Jo on May 10, 2010 at 1:33 PM said...

It does sound like a great day!!! Happy {belated} Mother's Day!

Tales from Goshen on May 13, 2010 at 11:40 AM said...

In a very Southern way, I have a true 'hankering' for some Anne Cortez. I miss you.