"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Friday, May 7, 2010

On the Puppy Front


So, it's been a busy week. I ran a race, I drove for about a gazillion hours, I came home, I unpacked (kind of) and it's been a nonstop frenzy of cleaning, organizing, errands, neighbors having babies, babysitting, and preparing for something VERY exciting next weekend.

But, I felt I needed to pause for a moment and let you all know that...

I'm getting a puppy!

goldendoodles0ct06_34

We are officially on the list for 1st pick male for a litter of Goldendoodles to be born in October. We will have a Christmas puppy.

Boomer2 F1B Goldendoodle Male 11-1-06

No turning back now!

GoldenDoodle-SwissRidgeGoldendoodles

So ladies, the moral of this story is, nagging works.

No, no I'm just kidding (or am I?).

The moral of the story is this:



Okay, okay...that's not really it either.

The real moral of the story is that I have an amazing hubby who, even though he's not thrilled with the idea of having a dog, can see the long term joy it could add to this family and who ultimately wants me to be happy.

Now I just have to make sure I don't milk that to my advantage too much ;)

Thank you Paul! I love you dearly!

Now we have to start thinking of names. I'm thinking Sam.

What do you think?

4 comments on "On the Puppy Front"

Emily said...

Hurray! Now I want one! But I vote no on Sam, mostly because its on my short list of names for our next baby...if its a boy of course. And Sam, not Samuel, so it could get weird ;)

Anne on May 7, 2010 at 7:48 AM said...

Em, that's so funny cuz Sam would definitely be my pick if we were to ever have a little boy. I think I've just resolved myself to the idea that it's not going to happen, so Sam seemed good for my little boy dog ;) I also like Charlie, but I'm afraid everyone would think I was copying the Pioneer Woman's bassett. Truth is, when I think of Charlie, I think of All Dogs Go to Heaven.

Anonymous said...

ahhh, beware the wiles of a cute puppy!! the only reason you don't kill them is because their cute =) no, that sounds good, they are cuties!

Erin {House of Turquoise} on May 7, 2010 at 8:27 AM said...

Stop it! A Goldendoodle is what I want! First the KitchenAid mixer, now THIS?! lol I'm so excited for you, this is going to be so much fun! Think of all the amazing photos you're going to get of the puppy?! I can't wait! I'm so giddy for you!

And I just wanted to say how proud I am of you for running in that race! You're seriously amazing, with your super hero cape and all. Such an inspiration!