"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Our Trip to Virginia Beach




...was a blast! There was a lot going on.

I ran in a 5K with Kim,

Kim and I post race

and Brittany celebrated her 20th birthday.

Brittany and Eva

and got a kiss,

Kiss

and did this when I wanted to take her picture?

Brittany

Do you still love me, Brittany?

And Brianna was pretty,

Beautiful Brianna

as always.

We went to the Farmer's Market to restock Kim's yummy jam,

Farmer's Market

and had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings.

B Wubs

Jake partook in his First Communion,

Before Church

and he was happy.

Jake

Ryan got tackled by kids,

Ryan being tackled

but he's used to this.

The boys wrestled,

WM-20-2

and the girls colored,

And Girls will be girls

and Izzy was cute,

Izzy

and Mike fiddled with his iPhone,

Mike

because he's a Cortez man,

And that's just what they do. All of them.

Mitch cooked lumpia,

Son of a Mitch

and let the kids get away with this.

Uncle Mitch lets them get away with things that Mommy doesn't.
WM-45-2

We went to Williamsburg to shop, and then this happened.

3 asleep

and Mitch was apparently, very tired.

Do you still love me, Mitch?

That was our weekend in Virginia Beach with the fam in a nutshell.

P.S. Make sure to go check out this blog. The author is beautiful woman who has been a spiritual mentor and second mother to me all my life.


3 comments on "Our Trip to Virginia Beach"

Fresh Batch Jams on May 11, 2010 at 5:11 AM said...

Good Pics. It sure was fun! Hopefully one time when you come down we can just relax at the beach

Michael Brown on May 11, 2010 at 5:46 AM said...

Anne:
Angie and I love your blog. You are a very concise artist and genuinely love your kids. What you are doing "naturally" most people will never "get."

Anne on May 11, 2010 at 7:07 AM said...

Mike, thank you so much. I love that you guys love the blog. It's a nice creative outlet for me on days when I feel like all I did was wipe noses and clean the house. Writing about my life helps remind me how precious my life really is, especially on days when I get dragged down by the monotony of daily routine.

I really do hope to see you guys soon! I feel like we'd all be able to connect on such a different level seeing as we're kind of in the same season of life.