"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rainbow Connection



So, I'm obsessed with lullabies or anything that could be used as a lullaby. My recent discovery was Sarah McLachlan's version of "The Rainbow Connection" and I LOVE it. I remember the song from the old Muppet Movie which I watched over and over again as a child, but I never really understood the lyrics until now. So for those of you who have already had this epiphany...bear with me.

As I listened to her question why we find rainbows and stars so special, I found myself strangely comforted. I know why! I think most Christians do. People look at rainbows and stars looking for answers to their deepest questions and problems. And then I think about why those things were created in the first place.

The rainbow...a symbol of promises kept...God's love written across the sky in vibrant colors (and here in Hawaii, we get to see those alot!). And the stars...too numerous to count but each one has a name according to scripture...isn't it the same with us. So many people on this earth, but God knows how many hairs are on our heads...amazing. What are people really looking for when they wish on stars or tell stories about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

The Rainbow Connection, Kermit and Sarah...it's the love of an imaginative Creator!

0 comments on "Rainbow Connection"