"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, January 4, 2010

Different Perspectives



DC is our go-to spot. It's close. It's interesting. Even if you went every Saturday for a year, you wouldn't be able to see all there is to see.

This past Saturday, we were bored. We'd been stuck inside because it. is. COLD outside. Like, way cold. Like, this Florida/Hawaii girl can't take it, kind of cold. And windy. Unbearable.

Why we chose this particular windy, freezing Saturday to drive down to the National Arboretum is beyond me, but we did.

Paul really wanted to see the original columns used for the Capitol.

We drove up, parked and took turns getting out to take our pictures. No...one set of pics is not sufficient. Here, I'll show you why...

These are Paul's pictures:
**You can see way better quality pics at his Flickr page here***



Do you see how he loves the wide angle, artsy, edgy shots? Well, he does. Paul will almost always go for the wide angle lens. Even when he's taking pics of our kids.

Funny, huh?

Me? Well, I prefer the more intimate shots. Close ups. I will almost always go for my telephoto lens. I love it. The details. They speak to my anal retentive ways.

Arboretum 5
Arboretum 4
Arboretum 6

See what I mean?

Still, I appreciate Paul's wide angle perspective. Because it's about more than his photography. Paul has the innate ability to see the big picture in life too.

Not like me, who sometimes can't see the forrest for the trees. I get hung up on details. I obsess over teeny tiny insignificant things.

But don't get it twisted...I can appreciate the big picture too when necessary!

Capitol 3



2 comments on "Different Perspectives"

Christy on January 4, 2010 at 4:01 AM said...

Very cool! We haven't gone to see that yet. Our last trip in was to the Museum of Natural History. Love both of sets of photos.

Charity on January 4, 2010 at 10:38 AM said...

Ok, your anal-retentive friend wants copies of your close-up column pictures. Those are amazing! I want to frame them and put them in my house somewhere.