"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, January 18, 2010

Still Here


I am here and I am longing to blog again. But for some reason, time seems so fleeting these days. Paul is still on leave and as much as I thought that might free up time for me, I find myself wanting to spend my spare moments enjoying his presence instead of utilizing it. Not to mention that both of my girls have entered a season of being, shall we say... HANDFULS. It seems no matter how much I hurry and scurry around the house, picking up this or putting away that, they are right behind me to pull it back out again. My little darlings **said through gritted teeth and flaring nostrils** I am ever on my toes.

I have also been spending a few hours each day in the gym. Oh yes, Ash, you would be proud for I am well on my way to becoming a work-out-aholic and, dare I share this so soon, am starting a training program in February to run a 1/2 marathon! Ugh, and ow I've shared it and must be held accountable. That's okay though...a little more motivation.

I have yet to lose any of the 30 lbs I want off this year, but I know my body will catch up. I have lost 3 inches of my waist and was able to go down a size in my jeans and tops, so that's fun.

Oh and projects! I've been doing LOTS of projects and I have many more in the works. Here, I'll show you...

DIY art

DIY art 4

DIY art 6

Oh, and I was convinced to get a Facebook. So, ya know...add me.

5 comments on "Still Here"

Erin {House of Turquoise} on January 18, 2010 at 3:03 PM said...

A FEW HOURS in the gym?! That is incredible. Then I read you're going to be doing a 1/2 marathon! You are such an inspiration to me, Anne! All these inches and sizes too....I'm so proud of you!

Great projects! All so cute!

I'm going to find you on FB! Yay!

Erin {House of Turquoise} on January 18, 2010 at 3:09 PM said...

I can't find you on FB... you can find me here though: http://www.facebook.com/erinkolson

Be my friend, be my friend! :)

Fresh Batch Jams on January 18, 2010 at 3:37 PM said...

LOVE the art - very nice! Humm..I have been toying with running another 1/2 but I am so out of shape! Yeah for you! Can't wait to see you guys.

Tales from Goshen on January 19, 2010 at 12:44 PM said...

Hey girl! So proud of you for the gym. Before you know it, it can become part of the fabric of who you are. Just today, Kyle and I met at the gym over lunch and worked out together (chest/shoulders/tris). Love it. Keep it up - and you know, I've been considering a half myself.....

Charity on January 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM said...

I want a Wittenburg bird sign (est. 1998). That is the cutest thing!And...whatever...to the whole workout/marathon thing. Way to make me look like a loser :)