"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, April 29, 2010

Weekend Run and a New Blog



Today is a busy day for me! I've got crazy errands to run in preparation for my weekend trip down to Virginia Beach to spend some time with family and to RUN MY FIRST 5K. Well, okay technically it's not my first 5K, but it's the first one I've really taken seriously! Come Saturday afternoon, I will be one step closer towards my goal of running a half marathon by the end of the year.

I'll be back Monday to report in full all the goings on of this weekend (should be pretty nuts considering that part of the festivities is my niece's 21st birthday!). Until then, go check out my dear friend's new blog. She's an interior decorator gone stay-at-home mom and has developed some truly nifty little tricks for decorating on a budget.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'm off to put in a few more miles before the race!

5 comments on "Weekend Run and a New Blog"

Katie on April 29, 2010 at 6:17 AM said...

Tomorrow, I'm starting the Couch to 5k (again). Hold me to it. I'm on a quest to lose at least 10 lbs next month (hello Medifast, my old friend). And maybe someday we'll run something fun like this together. http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/endurance/princess-half-marathon/ (Or maybe just the 5k so we can spend more time enjoying Disney!)

Little Lovables on April 29, 2010 at 12:16 PM said...

good luck on your run! Virginia Beach is lovely, so enjoy all of the green!

your friends blog is really cute, thanks for showing us

Charity on April 29, 2010 at 1:03 PM said...

You're my hero! I don't think I could run to the end of the street and back. Can't wait to hear how it goes...and thanks for mentioning my little blog. I love you!!

Dee said...

I'm so proud of you! I would love to start running and be able to do a half marathon one day. I have heard that the Disney Princess half marathon is a blast. So, I think you and I should train, train, train in our different parts of the company then meet up one day and go run a half marathon! Plus - Orlando is close to home. :)

Lila on May 3, 2010 at 6:35 PM said...

Good for you! That's awesome! I hope you killed it!
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets