"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cupcakes in a Jar


This weekend, I traveled down to Richmond all by my lonesome to sell cupcakes at the 26th Annual Carytown Watermelon Festival with Kim and all of her delightful jams. As with every show thus far, I freaked out the entire week before trying to figure out how on earth I was going to transport 150+ cupcakes and keep them cool all day. I searched and searched for ideas and finally came across this unique idea...

Cupcakes in a jar. Takes care of the transporting problem and they're much easier to keep cool in a simple styrophome cooler. I'm guessing they're probably easier to ship too, so be patient my friends...I may have something in the works :)

I quickly ran to Wal-Mart and grabbed up all the 4 oz canning jars I could find (which is SO appropriate, I think, since I make my cupcakes with Kim's homemade jams and jellies) and got to work back at home making these adorable little cupcakes. For this particular show, I had 7 flavors.

Blackberry Vanilla

Dark Chocolate Raspberry

White Chocolate Strawberry (my favorite)

Pina Colada

Blueberry Lemon

Strawberry Splash
Watermelon Festival Special (which is actually just a vanilla cupcake died pink with chocolate chips as "seeds" and green icing as the rind)


What do you think?!? Aren't they cute?!? You eat them with a spoon...

Are you drooling? Good.

And I even had a few people who were interested in buying them as little favors for showers, weddings and birthday parties. I could easily create personalized labels to go on them depending on the event.


And look how sweet they look with a bit of ribbon tied around...in aqua ofcourse!

I did fairly well. It was SO hot out there (over 100 degrees with the humidity) and I think most people were interested in the fresh squeezed lemonade and free bowls of watermelon that were being handed out. But, I love them. And I'm hoping to add a page to the Fresh Bath Jams website where people can place catering orders and eventually, orders to be shipped. We'll see...

7 comments on "Cupcakes in a Jar"

Amanda Jo on August 11, 2009 at 7:19 AM said...

Brilliant!!! They are so cute!!!

Fresh Batch Jams on August 11, 2009 at 8:26 AM said...

Why did we not buy one of every flavor! Now that I see them all laid out they ALL look so YUMMY. I have had the Strawberry Splash, Pina Colada and Blackberry. I LOVED the Blackberry but since I have not tried them all I guess it’s not fair to claim my favorite. So many more to try - I must fix that!! So glad you came and sweated it out with us. And thanks for rescuing my Mom. :0)

emily said...

Annie Im so impressed with this! And so proud of you and your endeavor!

Katie on August 11, 2009 at 2:14 PM said...

So I want the White Chocolate Strawberry and Liam would like the Watermelon. :) Let me know what I owe you. ;)

Paul Cortez on August 11, 2009 at 3:36 PM said...

Tell Katie to get the cash...

Tales from Goshen on August 11, 2009 at 7:07 PM said...

You are stinkin brilliant. You just bake them in the cups? How does that work? They look delicious!

Little Lovables on August 12, 2009 at 4:49 PM said...

How DARE you post a link to my site of this page... was it your intention to make my mouth water and my heart ache to eat these yummy and adorable little treasures, when all I have in my house are stale rice cakes?!?!?!

tsk tsk... (ps, let me know when they are up for sell on your website :)