"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Week in Pictures


Okay, so I know last week was a total loss as far as blogging goes. I'm sorry about that, but Paul had to go TDY and he took the camera with him. Plus, between potty training Eva, Izzy taking her first steps, trying to prepare for a Friday night Pampered Chef show with my sister in law, Anna, and just being a single mom for a week, I didn't have much time to sit down and blog.

And although I'm back now, I remind you that I have not had the camera so all I have to share with you is pics from the week before Paul left and a few that he took while he was in Washington state last week.

While he was there, Paul got to visit with two of his nephews that he hasn't seen in quite some time. Justin is a firefighter out in Spokane and so he gave Paul a tour of the station and even let him don the infamous garb. Of course, when Paul relayed the story to me, he did so in a very matter-of-fact fashion, but I saw that twinkle in his eye and heard the satisfaction in his voice. He had, for a moment, gotten to explore that boyhood fantasy of being a fireman!

Justin, the teacher...

Can't you see the satisfaction on Paulie's face?
Doesn't he look so adorably happy?

Paul also got to spend time with Justin's brother, Adam and his family. Adam has a little girl that is only 3 weeks older than our Izzy and Paul says that little Ashlyn is quite the cutie pie! I can't wait to see her for myself and introduce her to Izzy...her second cousin, would it be?!?

Anyway, Paul returned with vague stories about SERE but some wonderful descriptions of Washington. So wonderful, that I've been secretly looking at houses online. Don't get too excited about that...looking at houses is my way of daydreaming. I've also looked at houses in Australia, Spain, New York City and Forks, WA...er...I mean...Seattle...yeah.

So that' all for today! I'll post pics up from our Zoo trip tomorrow! But as for now, my coffee cup is singing to me. I need to fill it so I can get my morning started!

1 comments on "A Week in Pictures"

Katie on August 25, 2009 at 9:00 AM said...

We truly are kindred spirits, Anne with an E. I too look at houses all over the globe as a way to daydream!