"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, August 27, 2009

Life More Abundant


So, if you were ever curious about where I got my blog title (other than the Bible, of course) here's the answer...Mark Lowry. Have you ever heard of him? He's hilarious. He's like the Weird Al Yankovic of the Christian world. I remember back in the early 90's, he did an album called Mouth in Motion and it was a spoof of Amy Grant's Heart in Motion (and yes, I had both cassette tapes).

Anyway, Mark had this one skit he did called "Open Heart Surgery" and one thing he said in that bit has always stuck with me. I mean it has stuck with me since I was 12 years old. It has become so ingrained into my heart that when I decided to start a blog, there was no other way to title it in my opinion.

Here's the video...if you want to hear the part that was so inspirational to me, fast forward to 5:31...but if you have time, the whole thing is just hilarious!


2 comments on "Life More Abundant"

Katie on August 28, 2009 at 6:50 AM said...

LOVE Mark Lowery! This was my family's favorite skit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oico4OUh_BE

Ashley on August 28, 2009 at 9:24 AM said...

I definitely had an Amy Grant cassette or two, myself!