"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, June 21, 2010

Facts of Life


No, this is not a post about the "birds and the bees."

Nor is it a post about an 80's television show.

This is a post about the facts of MY life today.

Fact #1: It's unbearably hot outside.

Fact #2: For some reason, I chose this day to work in my garden.

Fact #3: I also chose this day to watch Law and Order SVU on the internet instead of do laundry while my children were napping.

Fact #4: I smell like manure.

Fact #5: This has nothing to do with my dream of one day owning a horse and everything to do with the fact that the lawn guys spread fertilizer all over my yard last week...

and I worked in my garden today...

thus, I smell like manure.

Fact #6: I made more cupcakes today. And I ate two. But without frosting. So don't judge me.

Fact #7: Izzy dumped the entire contents of a water bottle onto one single spot on my carpet while I was working in the garden.

Fact #8: Water bottles have now been banned from my home. Forever. Don't even think about trying to enter this domain with a water bottle in hand. It could get ugly.

Fact #9: At exactly 5:24 pm today, I looked up at the clock on my desktop and realized that I had not even thought about what I was going to make for dinner.

Fact #10: We had spaghetti.

Fact #11: My neighbor brought me a fresh loaf of banana bread while I was giving the girls a bath and Izzy decided to strut her naked self down the stairs and give the neighbor quite a show.

Fact #12: I have wonderful neighbors who don't judge me by my children's behavior.

Fact #13: I'm tired. And I still smell like manure. Because I haven't had time to shower. And I should probably mop my floors before I shower, but in case you hadn't noticed the trend, today was not a day that I did anything I was "supposed" to.

And those my friends, are the facts of my life at this moment.

I'm off to shower.

And then mop.

Cuz I'm a rebel like that.


1 comments on "Facts of Life"

Tales from Goshen on July 16, 2010 at 10:26 AM said...

Awesome. Keep living the life, my rebel friend.