"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, June 7, 2010

Fashion is in the Eye of the Beholder


I have girls.

Two very girly girls. Izzy hates to have dirty hands and she loves baby dolls. When she's wearing a pretty dress, she twirls. It's instinctive. I didn't teach her to twirl, she just does. She knows how to handle a pretty dress. She's a girl. She gives kisses on command and bats her big brown eyes at her daddy when she wants something. She's a natural at being all girl.

comfort

And so is Eva. Eva doesn't so much enjoy her baby dolls as much as her TAG books, but boy does she love dress up. She loves dress up and nail polish and make up, much to my great concern. She pretends to be a beautiful princess under a deep sleep and she'll ask me frequently to kiss her so she can wake up. And I don't mind being the handsome prince...it's better than being the evil villain, I suppose.

nail polish

And she has her own style when it comes to dress-up. Although, if it's not a Princess Dress-up dress I'm not real sure I can call it dress-up as much as fashion.

Eva is a true Carrie Bradshaw when it comes to her clothing. She is daring, bold and cares not what is considered "conventional." A true fashionista!

Sparkly Pink

She'll humor me in the mornings by allowing me to pick her out a boring (cute) top and some shorts but when she has a few minutes to herself in her room, she immediately strips down and changes into something a little more...exciting.

All girl

And she's definitely not matchy-matchy. Oh no. Socks don't need to match one another, shoes don't have to be on the right feet, and the outfit need not match the shoes. It's all about what makes you feel good and Eva gets that.

Black patten wrong feet

She stares Old Navy in the face and scoffs at it's "safeness." Eva knows that if you can't express yourself through your clothing, then why the heck wear any?!?

style

She's a true revolutionary in the fashion world.

Izzy and I? Well, we're fine with our Old Navy clearance rack finds. We don't mind matchy-matchy.

Paci

But we sure do love the anticipation of seeing what Eva will wear next!

1 comments on "Fashion is in the Eye of the Beholder"

Charity on June 7, 2010 at 2:03 PM said...

Boy, can I relate x 4! Only Maggie can't dress herself yet, but her sister sure can miss=match an outfit for her!