"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Not-So-Glamourous Life of a Military Wife


Sorry Whitney, for stealing and revamping your blog title for my own twisted purpose.

But just go with me here, okay? Perhaps you'll see why I don't have enough brain power to coin my own title and why it's necessary that I glean from the real talented bloggers around me so as not to completely make a fool of myself. Although, it may be too late for that...

whatever.

Anyway, today is a day that in my opinion perfectly embodies that of a military wife. Why? Well, I'll tell you.

I have no stinkin' clue what's going to happen tomorrow.

Now, I know to some extent, none of us REALLY knows whats going to happen tomorrow. But for the most part, most wives know that their husband will be home at a set time in the evening, and he will leave at a set time in the morning, and he'll be home again that evening. They don't have the threat of a 6 month deployment looming over them or the possibility that they're entire family will be sent to Timbuktu for a 3 year assignment. Their husbands get to come home and talk about what they did at work. There's little threat of Daddy missing Christmas or birthdays or Secretaries day. They know that they'll continue on with their regularly scheduled programming to the best of their ability.

Today, being a military wife, I have NONE of the above.

Tomorrow is a FOR REALS a mystery. The only thing I know for sure is that my kids will promptly wake me up at 6:15 am. After that, it's unclear.

I may or may not have a very special visit from a very special person. I'm hoping for the "without a doubt", but I'm preparing myself for the "probably not." But at the same time, I have to prepare as well for the "without a doubt."

Are you confused yet?

Do you see why I can't even think up my own blog title?

But, today being as I know that there's a chance of the uncertain to become certain, I'm cleaning. Cleaning like a mad woman. Cleaning like the President's coming for dinner. Cleaning like...like...well...

I ran out of similes.

I'm cleaning and I'm crossing my fingers. Crossing my fingers so tight that they're kind of purple on the tips.

This visit from this person would be a thirst quencher in a huge way. And not just for me, but for my whole family. We need this.

Wish I could go into more details. And I guess I could, but then I'd have to kill you.

What, not funny?

Ha! Well, hey...the life of a military wife ain't always fun!


3 comments on "The Not-So-Glamourous Life of a Military Wife"

Katie on June 24, 2010 at 5:16 AM said...

I'm hoping for the 'without a doubt' too! And I'm feeling the 6:15, at least it isn't 5:45 anymore.

The lady of the house... on June 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM said...

just wanted you to know i've been thinking of you this week. hope you're hanging in there this Monday!!

p.s. love Whitney's blog too! (and I totally think you should change your blog name to that!!) ;-)

Love from Strasburg.

SweetPeasMama on July 12, 2010 at 12:25 AM said...

From my experience, I think being a military spouse is way more stressful than when I was actually in the military... We are almost done here and on to official civilian life...! What will we do with ourselves?

It's been so long since I've chatted with you... just hope you,Paul and the girls are doing awesome =)

Hope your day is very blessed =) ~ DeAnna