"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Secret Moment







Last week, I walked in on the sweetest display of sisterly affection. I had set Izzy in Eva's room for a few minutes while I put some towels away in the linen closet and when I came back into Eva's room, this is what I found.

Eva was "reading" to Izzy one of her favorite new books (Thank you Reilag boys!) and Izzy was looking up at her in complete admiration. Be still my heart. I stood at the doorway for a minute, trying so hard restrain myself from jumping right in the middle of them to squeeze them to me so tight, and I'm glad I was able to practice that restraint because things then got really cute.

Izzy is absolutely at the beginnings of the never ending teething stage and therefore, her hands are always in her mouth. Well, whenever Paul and I see Eva put HER hands in her mouth, she gets a gentle scolding about how our hands are dirty and don't belong in our mouths. So, as Eva looked up from her book and saw that Izzy was gnawing on her hands, she gingerly took hold of her sister's hands and moved them away saying, "no, no Izzy. Dirty hands, no put them in her mouth."

Okay, so at that point, I had to make my presence known. I could restrain myself no more and my chuckles immediately did exactly what I knew they would...the moment was gone but it's a moment I'll not soon forget!

1 comments on "Secret Moment"

Tales from Goshen on November 21, 2008 at 3:38 PM said...

How precious. I've witnessed Brooklyn doing the exact same thing to August. Who has a magnetic pull between his mouth and his fists.