"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lets Go to the Movies





Okay, so maybe it's just me but I LOVE the movie, "Annie." (shocker, I know) The old one, not the more recent one. I love the dancing, I love Grace, I love Punjab and I love Daddy Warbucks. I especially love the part of the movie where Grace and Daddy Warbucks take Annie to the movies for the first time ever in her life. She gets dressed up and they sing and dance around the theater isles. There's performers with sparkly outfits and it all adds up to a truly enjoyable movie-going experience. I remember watching that part as a kid and feeling the excitement and longing well up inside me to go to the movies. Well, I felt that again last night when Paul and I took Eva to the movies for the first time.

In a way, it's a right of passage in our family. I grew up LOVING the movies and that's one of the strong bonds I have with all of my siblings. We all love the movies. I believe it's a trait that we inherited from my Dad. He's a big movie fan. Heck, we love the movies so much that it's become a Christmas Day tradition. Forget big family dinners and carols around the piano. Oh no, give us another addition to the Star Wars trilogy or Lord of the Rings any Christmas day and we're happy campers.

Anyway, we took Eva to see Madagascar II last night and she loved it. She did great, sitting through the entire movie with minimal lap changes and scarfing down half a bag of buttered popcorn all by herself. And it was sans Izzy.

In fact, that's one of the funny parts of this story. We left Izzy with my friends Kasey and Ben so that we could have some two-on-one time with Eva. Well, on the way to the theater, Eva suddenly realized that there was no one inhabiting the carseat next to her. "Where'd Izzy go?" She asked with a concerned look on her face. "Izzy is with Mrs. Kasey. It's just you and Momma and Daddy." She looked confused. She then tried with, "Baby Izzy, where are you?" I turned around again and reassured her that Izzy was fine and happy. "You get Momma and Daddy all to yourself tonight," I said. Her eyes lit up and her face went from perplexed to shocked, "Are you kidding me?!?" she asked with excitement.

I turned around in my seat, stifling the urge to laugh so hard I'd surely pee my pants. Paul looked over at me and we drew the same conclusion...she's heard her momma on the phone quite a bit.

1 comments on "Lets Go to the Movies"

Tales from Goshen on November 21, 2008 at 3:41 PM said...

How funny! We just took Brooklyn to see Wall-E at Tandy the other day. Not her first movie, technically, but definitely the first one that we went to just because of her. Although I think Kyle and I laughed more than she did. By the way, Eva is just gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

Also, if you like Annie that much, you would love hanging out here. It is a frequently viewed flick. Dog Dalmation (101 Dalmations) is the second most viewed flick. Followed by Pig (Babe).