"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...





Here it is folks. After weeks of trying to convince my traditional husband to put the tree up early this year, he won and finally let me put it up the day after Thanksgiving. It was worth the wait.

I LOVE our Christmas tree. It's the perfect mix of style and sentiment. Our first Christmas together, we didn't have much in the way of ornaments, so we went to K-mart and purchased the Martha Stewart Christmas collection and had a very stylized tree that year. But as we've added to our brood and made new friends, we've also added more personalized ornaments making our tree something that I adore gazing at in the evenings. It's beautiful with it's mixture of orange, green and gold balls with my favorite Hallmark Keepsake and Willow Tree ornaments. Oh, and there is the token Redskins ornament for Paul and a Little Einstein's ornament that Eva added this year.

And I know many of you might think it strange that we have a Cardinal on top of our tree rather than the traditional angel or star, but Cardinals have been something near and dear to the Cortez family heart since long before I came into the picture. My mother in law sees Cardinals as a blessing and a sign of comfort for reasons that I'll tell you one day when I have her permission, so the cardinal on our tree is a way for us to honor her and her love of cardinals.

Oh and yes, those are wrapped presents under the tree. I'm tellin' you guys, once I put my mind to something I don't stop till I have it. The tree just wasn't complete to me without presents underneath, so after putting up and trimming the tree all morning, I wrapped every gift and put them underneath while the girls were napping. Paul thinks I'm anal retentive but I prefer organized and thorough...I'll let you be the judge.

2 comments on "Oh Christmas Tree..."

Katie on November 30, 2008 at 7:49 AM said...

It's totally organized and thorough. Paul doesn't understand the necessity of a perfectly decorated Christmas home.

Anonymous said...

I liked you but now you make me look like a lazy slob! :0) The boys put up most of the decorations and I still need to finalize (after 4 days of having a half done tree. And you have presents under the tree already...sigh.... I am not sure to hate you or be jealous! It is beautiful though. And where did you find a cardinal? We would love that!

Kim, Mitch and boys