"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Morning








I don't know what it is about Christmas morning that makes it instinctual for all children to wake up at the booty crack of dawn. Eva has been making a habit lately of sleeping until 8 or 8:30. But Thursday morning, wouldn't you know, she was up at 7. I have to admit, I was glad for the early morning. I was probably as excited as she was, if not more so.

This year was the first year that Eva actually "got it." She was very into opening her presents, but not too much so that she wasn't willing to share the excitement with Izzy which made my heart proud. Of course, Izzy wasn't very in to the actual presents, but she sure did have fun going at the wrapping paper.

I think my favorite present that Eva got this year was a book by Brooke Shields called Welcome to Your World, Baby. It's an adorable story with whimsical illustrations about a big sister welcoming home her new little sister. She's telling the new baby about all of the things they'll do together and it's just really sweet. Perfect for my sweet girls.


But, just like every year, the wrapping paper frenzy is over too quickly for all of the planning and wrapping that goes into it. Still, I was glad to add to our girl's ever growing book collection, and Paul was excited to instill the love of photography in Eva with a Kid Tough Digital Camera.

All in all, a very good Christmas morning.

1 comments on "Christmas Morning"

Paul Cortez on December 27, 2008 at 4:01 PM said...

I wasn't done editing these photos, silly. Isabela's Bumbo is significantly greener in one pic. Pfft.