"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Music to My Ears


Yesterday morning, as I ran around my house doing all the things that were much needed to do, I took a few moments to sweep and mop the kitchen floor. I did this while Eva was in her chair eating lunch so that I wouldn't have to worry about her running in the kitchen and slipping on the soon-to-be-wet floors. I started up by the fridge and moved backward towards the breakfast nook. As I swept under Eva's chair, she looked at me with shining eyes and said, "Thank you, Momma."

Well, I guess she's heard me complain under my breath about the "thanks I get around here" and decided to do something about it. I didn't know whether to smile or cry. Such a sweet little gesture. And would you know, with all the hullabaloo of the morning and the overwhelming feeling of never being able to get everything done that needed to be, that simple "thank you" from my little girl really made my day brighter.

I guess I can't complain anymore about "the thanks I get around here." It seems I'm getting more than my fair share.

1 comments on "Music to My Ears"

Liz Harrell on December 10, 2008 at 11:25 AM said...

Oh my gosh, that is so precious. What an angel!

I'm so excited about your new goodies for the kitchen! I have a lot of turquoise in the kitchen, and my plates are an orangish/pink. But I've got red in there too. So red or orange will look great, it just depends on which you like better.

I saw this kitchen in Country Living, there were chocolate brown walls with turquoise and orange accents. It was very cool.