"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Friday, December 12, 2008

Giving In


I'm one of the few people that have NOT read any of the Harry Potter books. I pride myself in this fact for some reason. And no, there's no moral reason behind it. They just never really interested me. So when all of the insane madness began brewing around the Twilight series, I shrugged my shoulders and paid no attention.

After all, I'm more of a Dr. Dobson, Elizabeth Elliot, Beth Moore kind of girl. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a bit of fiction here and there, but when I indulge in fiction, it's usually something really tame like Nicholas Sparks, Richard Paul Evans or Francine Rivers. I do LOVE a good love story.

So, when my sister-in-law, Jacquie looked at me last week and insisted that I read the first book in the Twilight series, I gave her the "You're on crack" look and asked, "Why? It's about vampires for heaven's sake." She then began to gush about the budding romance between Edward and Bella, saying things like, "it's the most amazing love story ever" and "Oh my gosh Anne, you'll be so addicted."

Well, as Paul and I walked around Borders this morning looking for stocking stuffers for the girls, my eyes caught a glimpse of the black covered book on the rack in the center of the store. I curiously walked over, looked at the back (for the price, NOT the synopses) and mulled over the decision, to buy or not to buy.

I bought it. I'll begin reading it tonight. And I'll just tell you now that I'm a bit of skeptic when it comes to this book. We'll see...

5 comments on "Giving In"

Anonymous said...

I don't know vampires, I just can't get into it. And, I never read any Harry Potter's either.

Katie on December 13, 2008 at 7:28 AM said...

I LOVE it Anne! I know you will too.

Anonymous said...

Vampires boo! And Im also on the anti- Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings bandwagon. Havent read um or seen um.

Anonymous said...

verdict?

Jacquie on December 15, 2008 at 9:14 AM said...

yayyayayayayayayyayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we can gush over Edward together, lol! :)