"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rainy Day and Christmas Cookies


Last night, we experienced something that hardly ever occurs out here in the middle of the Pacific; a thunder storm! It was awesome. I adore thunder storms. It's one of the things I miss most about living in Florida.


Anyway, when we awoke this morning, it was still rather dreary out and even now, at 12:30 pm, the rains have not relented. Paul even got a phone call this morning telling him not to worry about coming into work because the roads were so flooded on that side of the island. This is my favorite kind of day.








It's not, however, Eva's idea of the perfect day. So, in order to keep her occupied and happy, we made Christmas cookies. We made shortbread cookies and she did great. She loved cutting out the cookies and rolling out the dough. But when it came to decorating, she wasn't interested. She did agree to decorate a few with sprinkles before baking them and then she was off to watch Tigger and Pooh.




































Once they were all baked, I made some royal icing with the last little big of meringue powder I had left and spread it over the cooled cookies. I had big plans to decorate them with detailed and intricate designs but Izzy woke up and that plan went right out the window.




























But they still turned out cute, I think.

1 comments on "Rainy Day and Christmas Cookies"

Liz Harrell on December 12, 2008 at 9:36 AM said...

Those cookies look wonderful, and I just love how you described your rainy cookie-making day! Great pics. :)