"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, September 3, 2009

Aaah Marriage...


**Actual e-mail conversation that took place not 10 minutes ago**
(some remarks deleted for I am married to...well...a man...)


Me: So, what are we doing tonight?

Paul: Dunno, babe. I'm open for suggestions

Me: are you totally against seeing Julie and Julia? It's playing at the Egyptian at 7 and Columbia at 7:20.

Paul: YES. That is a girl movie all the way. I'm pretty there isn't one [man] in the whole movie.

Me: Yes there is. The main character is married. What about (500) Days of Summer?

Paul: Who's in that?

Me: Zoey Deschenal, but she's not the main character, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is...it's supposed to be Juno-esque as far as the cinematography goes but it's a different story line...obviously.

Paul: ju-NO. H2, GI Joe, Final Destination. All good films!!!!

Me: Paulie..I do NOT want to see some testosterone charged, gore fest on our anniversary. So, I'm out of options.

Paul: Halloween 2. Michael Myers!!!

Me: um...you're crazy. So...then we seriously can't agree on anything. How about let's just
go grab dinner, walk around for a bit and head home?

Paul: You know you DID pick last time.

Me: yes, and I appreciate that you let me pick last time (although I don't even remember what it was we saw) but this is our ANNIVERSARY, not just any date and I want to watch something meaningful IF we watch something at all.

Paul: Something meaningful? What's meaningful about Julia Child?! Ooh,
look at me! I'm a 6'9 white woman who made soup!

Me: (silence...no typing...there are no words to even respond to this)

Paul: Where do we eat? Dave & Buster's??

Me: Seriously?!?! DAVE AND BUSTERS for our anniversary?!?!? Try again.

Paul: They got games and stuff

Me: (cradles my face in my hands and laughs out loud in front of the computer.)

3 comments on "Aaah Marriage..."

Erin {House of Turquoise} on September 3, 2009 at 12:09 PM said...

LOL too funny!! Dave and Buster's for your anniversary!! PS Was Julia really 6'9?!

Katie on September 3, 2009 at 3:34 PM said...

Classic! Just classic! Happy Anniversary! We sure love you guys!

Nina Kaur on September 7, 2009 at 6:14 AM said...

That was hilarious.