"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, September 14, 2009

Bush Gardens



Over Labor Day weekend, we were informed that Bush Gardens was allowing military members and their dependents access to the park for FREE! Paul and I love free. So, we loaded up in the an and made the trek down to Williamsburg along with over 1/2 of the whole Cortez clan. The girls had such a good time seeing their cousins and Paul had a grand time riding the roller coasters. Yes, just Paul as I was sick.

I was bummed. I haven't ridden a roller coaster since before Paul and I got married and I was very excited to explore the risk taking part of myself that I've had all locked up since I became a mother, but alas, the tummy grumblings began on the way down to the park and the congestion and stuffiness only got worse as they day wore on. By closing time, I was miserable.

Still, I did get some cute shots of the kiddos making a wish at one of the fountains in the Italy section of the park.




And of course, my favorite part was the Clydesdales. I just love those big lugs. We got our picture taken with one of them, but the best part was seeing the rest of them in their stables. One sweet guy walked over and gave me a big ole kiss. I. Was. In. Heaven.


The girls had fun and were very well behaved...I was impressed. Eva rode the train that goes all around the park successfully(and that's a big deal considering the you know what she gave us on the Metro last time we tried to ride it) and Izzy sat nicely in the stroller for most of the day.



We had such a great time with our family and once again, counted our blessings for the opportunity to live close enough to be able to do this kind of stuff with them.

2 comments on "Bush Gardens"

Claire Mercado-Obias on September 15, 2009 at 5:32 AM said...

Love the delight on your daughter's face! Precious!

Little Lovables on September 16, 2009 at 8:09 AM said...

Oh such sweet pictures! What a fun day, I love the Clydesdale's too! SO sorry you were sick through it though, that is never fun