"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Friday, September 18, 2009

Sickies


So, I know I didn't post much this week. It was just a teensy bit hectic. Mostly due to the fact that Izzy was sick :(

Izzy is such a happy baby. She's pretty even tempered, happy to play on her own, pretty content unless she's annoyed or hungry or poopy. She jibber jabbers non stop and it's just become a part of the background noise of my life (along with a million requests a day to change into a new princess dress from Eva).

Now, when Eva is sick, she's just like me. I don't like to be alone. I used to follow my mom around the house with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders, 3 pairs of socks on my feet and my used to be pony-tail all lop-sided on the side of my head while she did her regular house work. She'd always instruct me to go back to bed, but it was lonely in there. The couch became my home base when I was sick. That way, I could see where she was and talk to her when I felt the urge. Eva is JUST like me in that way. When she's sick, she wants company. She's miserable and sad and needs extra love, which I'm more than happy to give her as I feel her pain.

But not Izzy. Izzy just wants to be left alone. Where she's normally very ready for affection, she would prefer not be to touched or messed with when she's not feeling well. She doesn't need any extra mushy gushies and when she's ready for a nap, she grabs her blanket and starts crawling up the stairs.
My Little Miss Independent.





0 comments on "Sickies"