"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, May 18, 2009

The "Best" Saturday Ever!


This past Saturday, my brother Justin drove up with his lovely family in tow! What was going to be a couple hour visit turned into an all day event and I wouldn't have had it any other way! We had a blast hanging out with Justin and Anna and watching the kids run amok all over the house pretending that "those guys" were after them and playing hide-and-go-seek.


It always grabs me a bit to see Justin and Anna and the family they've made together. Anna and I were close in high school and I remember Justin trying desperately to steal her attention from me whenever she came over to our house. And now, they've been married nearly 6 years and have 3 beautiful children.


I love that I have a history with my sister-in-law. That we were friends before she and Justin were and so our relationship doesn't hinge on the fact that my brother married her, but rather that she's my dear friend and I love her...it's just an added bonus that I can call her my sister. I've been blessed in the sister-in-law department. My brothers have good taste!

And all of the kids get along so well. Eva and Autumn are only a few months apart in age and Devon, being 2 years older than them, is so patient as they not only express themselves as almost 3 year olds, but as little girls. He doesn't mind dress-up or playing house, as long as it keeps them happy.


He's much like Justin in that way. He may kill me for putting this on my blog but he used to let me dress him up, make-up and all! He'd sit there and let me do my thing until I was satisfied and shown him off to my mother, who was always proud of his forbearance and to my dad, who was probably a bit concerned, and then he'd promptly go wash his face and change back into his Ninja Turtles T-shirt.


And Autumn is such a little fire-ball. She's happy and energetic and loves anyone who will let her. I love watching she and Paul together. It's amazing how quickly she's able to see through Paul's quiet exterior to find a daddy who is happy to give her a cuddle. It's probably from a life of being able to bring her big, tough, Marine daddy to his knees for a good tickle-fight.


And little Baby Violet. So precious. It's so fun to look into her chubby baby face and see a resemblance between her and I. She's not mine, I didn't carry her or give birth to her, but she's a part of me and you can see it in her sweet little face. She looks so much like Justin.


So, it was a good day! There were toys strewn everywhere and the kitchen was a wreck, but it was so worth it. It was such a good visit! I can't wait until the next one!


Eva holding Morgan


Justin holding Eva


...and Autumn


Justin holding Morgan


There was a lot of holding...

7 comments on "The "Best" Saturday Ever!"

Amanda Jo on May 18, 2009 at 6:49 AM said...

What a sweet Saturday! Your family is beautiful. Great pictures too!

emily said...

I am so jealous by your proximity to family! And that your girls have cousins to play with. Its great having my mom nearby but we would love for Matthew to have someone to pal around with. As always your girls are beautiful but I am in awe of how beautiful Justin and Annas family is. I love how much Devin looks like Justin while Autumn looks like Anna, it will be neat to see who Violet favors!

Charity said...

Does he look like your dad, or what!!!

Anna on May 18, 2009 at 12:37 PM said...

You're SO sweet! We couldn't stop talking about how much fun we had and how it wasn't stressful at all to be gone all day without naps. It was awesome! I love you Annie, and I love our history too....Oh, and I won't tell Justin about Charity's comment. :)
See you again SOON!

Trice on May 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM said...

I wouldn't expect anything less than beautiful kids from you brother. I think he is so dreamy!;)

emily said...

I agree with Patrice! :)

Tales from Goshen on May 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM said...

What beautiful pictures, Anne. How lovely. And that little boy, wow. He's gonna be a heart-breaker. I'm so glad you had such a great visit with them!