"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Friday, April 9, 2010

Beth Moore Beat Me Up...and I Liked It


I'm semi-participating in a Beth Moore study. The "semi" part is because I live in Maryland. And the study is taking place in Colorado Springs, CO.

My dear friend, Kasey is fully participating in the study and she called me and asked if I could help her out with a few of the questions. I was glad to oblige as I am a huge fan of Beth Moore studies and that turned into my ordering the book and jumping right in for myself!

We're doing "A Woman's Heart; God's Dwelling Place" and let me tell you sister-friend, it is some deep stuff. I love it. I've gotten chill bumps more than a few times and I'm only in week two.

It can be a bit overwhelming, though. Yesterday, I sat down with the intent of doing two days to make up for a day that I had missed and I couldn't do it. After finishing one day of the study I was pooped! Mentally exhausted. But also, rejuvenated in a sense.

All this to say that 1) I highly recommend this study or any Beth Moore study and 2) My mind is so tired from all the scripture readings and deep parallels that I have nothing to give you today.

But I bet you Beth might have something to say. She seems to never be at a loss for words.


2 comments on "Beth Moore Beat Me Up...and I Liked It"

Sara on April 9, 2010 at 8:19 AM said...

it's cool to hear we have long distance bible stud(iers?)!! it is definitely tiring to do, but she's so good!!

Amanda Jo on April 13, 2010 at 1:26 PM said...

We almost did that study as our kick-off for the women's minsitry at my church but I just knew it was such a deep subject matter that we'd all end up shell shocked - we did Living Beyond Yourself instead.

Her studies are just amazing - the Lord has truly gifted her!!! Have you done any of Kay Arthur's stuff? I hadn't till I saw Kay and Beth (and Priscilla Shirer) at Deeper Still. Kay is AMAZING! Priscilla is too but I haven't done of her studies yet.