"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Busy Season


Life has gotten busy. Like, really busy. Like, so busy that I barely have time to read my favorite blogs much less actually write for my own!

But I'm grateful for the quickened pace. It keeps me from dwelling on the stuff I can't control. It's also taught me to prioritize. And you wanna hear something CRAZY?!? Vacuuming is NOT a priority. Whereas I used to be, at very least, an every other day kind of gal now, it's more of a once or twice a week kind of thing. It has to be, or I won't be sane...not that I'm the definition of sane anyway, but moving on...

The other reason that I haven't been all bloggy is because it's just so dern perty outside! I mean, really pretty. Like I just want to sit and do sidewalk chalk and blow bubbles. And we've been doing that...a lot. I have no regrets.

In fact, it's been so nice that the other day, my next door neighbor kidnapped me while our girls were napping. She came and knocked politely on my storm door and said, "You wanna play camera?!?" as she shares in my love of photography.

So we did. We each grabbed our Digital SLR's and walked all around our little circle taking pictures of anything that caught our fancy. And it was fun!

WM-2-3
WM-7-3
WM-3-3
WM-8-3
WM-11-3
WM-8-4
WM-12-3

About 45 minutes into our afternoon escapade, babies started to wake up, beginning with her little Victoria.

Victoria

Our photographic escape was over but man did I ever love walking around in the grass barefoot and capturing all the things I love about our neighborhood in springtime on camera.


2 comments on "Busy Season"

Erin {House of Turquoise} on April 16, 2010 at 8:25 AM said...

"You wanna play camera?" = the cutest thing ever. I want to be your neighbors too! What fun you guys must have had! I'm loving these photos!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend...keep enjoying that beautiful weather! :)

Little Lovables on April 17, 2010 at 9:36 PM said...

play camera, how sweet! goodness lady, your photography is just stunning! I think my eye just twitched out of a bit of envy