"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our Easter


We had a wonderful Easter Sunday this year. Nothing too fancy or overly traditional, just easy-peasy and simple and fun. Just the way I like my holidays to be.

Easter

We began the morning with Easter baskets full of goodies for the girls (thank Heaven for Target's dollar bins!) and a story about Easter. Eva and I talked about the Resurrection and although I know she doesn't fully understand it's importance at such a small age, it's important to me that my girls always equate this monumental day with it's true intent.

CHOCOLATE!

The opening of the Easter baskets in and of itself was enough to satisfy me for the entire day! I was so impressed by the level of kindness that Eva showed Izzy and vice versa as they discovered their own special prizes in their baskets.

Little Lambs

All Decked Out

Bunny Ears

Eva's favorite goodie was the 5 different kids of flavored lip gloss she received. She was ecstatic to have them and I could see Izzy eyeing them, dreading the potential squabble. But there wasn't one. Izzy held out her hand and asked "pease" and Eva immediately placed one in her hand and said, "Here ya go, Izzy Bee. You can have this one." Be still my heart! And that was followed by Eva giving Izzy a quick lesson on how to correctly apply the lip gloss once she noticed Izzy rolling the sticky, clear liquid all over her face.

New Lip Gloss

Sharing

Once the Easter baskets had been thoroughly disassembled, it was time to get ready for church. The girls were so excited to don their "bootiful dresses wif perty fwowers on it" as Eva refers to them. And I was pretty excited to wear my Easter dress too. Once we were all decked out, we took a few pictures and were on our way to the Easter Sunday service at our church.

Almost Family Portrait

Easter Dresses

After church, we came home, ate eggs, sausage and tortillas for lunch (Masie would be proud) and laid down for a few afternoon winks. While the girls were sleeping, I snuck outside and hid a few plastic easter eggs filled with My Little Pony stickers at the park across the street.

We were joined by our friends, Becca, Merrin and Eden a little while later for an Easter Egg hunt and each of the girls had a blast searching for eggs amongst the colorful playground equipment.

Egg Hunt

Merrin

Later that evening, Eva and I spoke about how much fun we'd had that day and how happy she was to have her lip gloss. Once again, I tried to impart to her the eternal importance of this day. The hope and the victory that comes with this day. I want so badly for my children to grasp that at a young age. Perhaps 3 is still too young, but my earnest prayer is that my girls come to know their Savior early on in their lives. For a life lived with the victory of the Resurrection in it's sights, is a life lived with hope.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend full of the grace and renewal that Christ has offered.

Bunny Kiss


3 comments on "Our Easter"

Amber on April 7, 2010 at 6:32 AM said...

So glad the girls enjoyed their Easter! The pictures you've captured are beautiful! May I ask what type of Camera you use? I'm looking for a good one with hope of getting more into photography! Have a wonderful day :)

Katie on April 7, 2010 at 8:22 AM said...

Grace says, "AW! Coot beebee."

Little Lovables on April 8, 2010 at 2:00 PM said...

so beautiful! your girls are percious. so glad you also teach them the true reason of Easter. even though they are young, they can still feel it.