"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, November 5, 2009

Caught



As I was fixing my hair the other day, I noticed that I hadn't heard Eva in a while. It was weird. Especially since Eva has made it her mission to be making some kind of noise at all times in recent weeks. I mean, it's always a bit more quiet than usual during Izzy's morning nap, but this was unusually quiet...like, trouble quiet.

I called out for Eva...no answer. I surveyed the section of hair that was currently wrapped in my hot curling iron and decided that it needed a few more seconds. I called for Eva again...still no answer. I urge the curling iron to hurry up! I call her once more, this time with a sense of authority mixed with a hint of fear. She answers back, but barely. She's mumbling. I'm interrupting something, but I can tell her voice is coming from the breakfast room.

With one hand stuck on top of my head grasping the curling iron, I pushed the bathroom door open ever so slightly with the other hand. I squinted my eyes and peered through the crack between the door and the door frame to find this...

creative, constructive quiet.

Not trouble quiet.

Heavy sigh of relief.

Just like her momma. Cannot be bothered when a project is involved :)

2 comments on "Caught"

Katie on November 5, 2009 at 7:30 AM said...

Shame on you for thinking the worst of that beautifully sweet little girl. ;)

Little Lovables on November 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM said...

awe, she looks so adorable! I know that fear of too quiet... so lucky you are that she was being so good!