"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm in Love



Paul came home Thursday evening with a smirk on his face. This always causes me concern. It usually means one of two things...he's spent money, or he's made plans and not informed me of them until I only have enough time to shower and scrunch some palmade through my hair.

He said something about being able to enjoy the "fruits of his labor," which made me roll my eyes and urge him to just get it over with and tell me what he did. He pulled out a computer mouse. One of those Magic Mac Mouses that he keeps talking about. I shrugged my shoulders, pretending to be unimpressed and said, "Oh, that's all?"

It wasn't. He insisted that I go out to the car and grab "the thing" he left in the back on accident. I looked at him like he was nuts. "You go get it," I retorted. The smirk came back. "You have to go get it, " he prodded.

I rolled my eyes again and made my way to the front door where I slipped my toes into my tennis shoes and didn't bother to slide my heels in after. It was raining...so I, of course, rolled my eyes yet again and made sure to push open the screen door with enough force to make an irritated scene.

I ran awkwardly to the van with my toes all curled up inside of my shoes trying to keep them from slipping off, and pulled open the back door with a bit of curiosity mixed with a lot of "this better be good."

And it was.

My birthday isn't for another week. But Paul and I really stink at waiting for the actual holiday to give one another our gifts.

This has been on my Christmas/birthday/anniversary/Valentine's Day list for a long time.

And now, it's mine.

Ain't she a beauty?!?! Gotta love Martha Stewart Blue!

Thanks Paulie. I promise I'll enjoy this gift almost as much you'll enjoy all the yummy things that come from it!


5 comments on "I'm in Love"

Emily said...

Oh. So. JEALOUS!!! Robbie actually bought me one once and I kinda had to take it back. It was our first Christmas, we were still in the apartment, and it made me cry. I think the feminist in me came racing out when I saw that this was my gift. But it was awful. And at the time a very wrong gift. Now though, since we have a house, space for it and a family...oh it would be perfect! Feel free to pass that info along ;)

Erin {House of Turquoise} on November 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM said...

LUCKY LUCKY DUCK!!!! I've wanted one of those FOREVER!!!! I have to get married before they discontinue them....it's my only hope for ever having my own!!! I'm so jealous!!

Fresh Batch Jams on November 20, 2009 at 7:16 PM said...

Yeah! He did good - you luck girl! So much prettier than my white one. What will be the first to bake??????

Happy Birthday!

Katie on November 20, 2009 at 9:06 PM said...

You totally deserve it!

sunshinegirl on November 28, 2009 at 9:22 AM said...

I always did like Paul.