"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, November 30, 2009

Weekend Excursion


Our Thanksgiving went well. It was quiet, low-key, full of football. I made a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, but there was no stress involved. I kept it simple. Our only guest was Eddie, a long time friend of ours (he was the only witness at our wedding) and so I didn't feel the need to impress.

The remainder of the weekend was very similar. Quiet, low-key, full of football. However, Paul and I did manage to peel ourselves away from the confines of our home for a few hours to take a trip back down to Old Town Alexandria. We went in hopes that their Christmas decor would be up...it wasn't. But we still had a blast!

Our first stop was Starbucks (of course!) to warm up our hands and bellies...it was COLD. We walked a bit and stopped for lunch and a family friendly pizzeria called Bugsy's. Once our tummies were full, we continued to walk. I visited my favorite store in Old Town, The Christmas Attic (if you're ever in our neck of the woods, you HAVE to go in there!) and just enjoyed the clear, crisp day.
Old Brick Path
My favorite color
Eva
My Beloved
knot
Isabela
A Man and His camera

1 comments on "Weekend Excursion"

That Fresh Feeling on December 1, 2009 at 8:57 AM said...

great pics! look forward to reading more of your blog!