"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Friday, November 13, 2009

Joe and Flowers



Paul knows me. He knows me well. Maybe too well. In fact, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with his level of knowledge when it comes to me.

Paul knows I like presents. I do. I'm not one of those people who "doesn't need anything" for my birthday. I might say that to take the pressure off but in reality, if I don't get anything on my birthday, I'm sad. It's true.

Paul also knows I like coffee. And by "like" I mean live it, breathe it in like oxygen and cannot function without it. I'm a sucker for Starbucks. I like all the froo-froo stuff. I don't take my coffee black, I like LOTS of creamer. And to be honest, I'm not a coffee expert. I can't tell what kind of coffee I'm drinking, whether not it's Columbian or Arabica, Starbucks or Maxwell House. I just know if I like it or not. And there's not a whole lot of coffee I don't like...well, I don't like Dunkin Donuts coffee. But Burger King coffee is surprisingly yummy. Just so you know.

Anyway, while most girls like to be surprised by their beloveds with flowers or candy (and don't get me wrong, I won't turn down either), Paul knows that the way to my heart is through a coffee mug. I love to get a new coffee mug. It makes my heart happy.


So, every once in a while, when Paul returns from a business trip or heck, even a trip to the store he surprises me with a coffee mug.



And just in case you believe that to be entirely unromantic, he does bring me flowers every now and again.

But the best kind of surprise, is when he brings both!!!!

4 comments on "Joe and Flowers"

David Reed on November 13, 2009 at 6:41 AM said...

Makes you wonder what he did...

Erin {House of Turquoise} on November 13, 2009 at 8:51 AM said...

He's a total keeper!!!

(I NEED birthday birthday presents too...you're not alone!)

Paul Cortez said...

Dave, there is only two things to do in CO...

Katie on November 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM said...

That's so funny. I didn't know that about the mugs. But every time I see a cute mug I always think Anne would love that. And I've never made the connection about why I think that before!