"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Projects!



Just so you know, if you ever come visit me at my house, I will give you a project to do. I always have a million potential projects running through my head at any given moment just waiting for an unsuspecting victim...er...friend to help me get them started.

Edie over at Life in Grace posted a tutorial for these adorable fabric birds last week as part of her 12 Days of Handmade Christmas series. I took one look at them and just HAD to make them. Only problem was....I've never set foot in a fabric store.

I was afraid. I despise, loathe and abominate feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing (have I mentioned I'm a control freak?) and the thought of wandering around a fabric store with little idea of what I was looking for overwhelmed me to no end.

So when Masie and Yosie showed up on Sunday afternoon, I did my evil laugh on the inside and plotted our excursion to JoAnn's.

Masie is a seasoned seamstress! She can make anything. She crochets, knits, sews and is a regular domestic goddess. She believes a woman without a sewing machine is only half a woman...needless to say, I'm in the market for a good sewing machine :/

Sooo...I dragged her to Jo Anns. This particular JoAnns is H.U.G.E. I would've whimpered and peed myself at first sight had she not been with me.

But once in...I was in heaven. Ideas swirled through my mind like a locomotive on speed as I found isles filled with beads, threads, yarns, ribbons, papers, and fabric. I swear there was actual smoke coming from ears. I. Love. JoAnns.

Anyway, once we got home, we printed off the pattern for Edie's chickadees and got to work.


My kids sat in front of reruns of Ni Hao, Kailan all day but whatever...I made three birds!

Thanks Masie. One day, I hope to be a whole woman with a sewing machine...just like you.



1 comments on "Projects!"

Katie on November 11, 2009 at 7:26 AM said...

FUN! When I come to visit, we totally need to go to JoAnn's. Our husbands will cry at the bags we bring home! Maybe it is better on our account balances that we live so far apart. :/