"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Photo Booth



Eva had a friend come over to play today and this is what I caught them doing on our Mac. Eva really isn't supposed to be touching the computer but I have to be honest, I was too impressed at the ease in which she manipulated the Photo Booth program to scold her.

It shocks me...the exposure that young children have to such advanced technology nowadays. I know I sound like a grandma saying something like that but it's true.

I remember my family's first computer. I must of been 7 or8 when we got it. It too was a Mac. But it was bulky and big and really only good for word processing and Oregon Trail. Do you remember Oregon Trail? I loved that game.

Anywhoo, I remember when my dad brought it home and set it up in our living room. We weren't supposed to touch it without "express permission" and it was always engulfed in a frosty, vinyl, custom-fitted cover while my dad was at work. Some nights, after dinner, he'd let us take turns playing Oregon Trail or Number Munchers... I was really good at Number Munchers...not so much at Oregon Trail.

I also remember my first cell phone. I was 19. Did you catch that? 19. Yeah. Can you believe that there are 8 year olds running around with cell phones?!?! And Eva can handle her daddy's iPhone with little effort. He has apps downloaded specifically for her. It's a flashcard app and she knows how to open it and do the flashcards. She even knows how to take pictures with the thing! Crazy!

Don't get me wrong...as amused as I am at how naturally kids these days seem to "get" modern technology, I am no advocate for kids with their own computers or cell phones.

Still...it's amazing to see.

2 comments on "Photo Booth"

Erin {House of Turquoise} on November 12, 2009 at 9:45 AM said...

Cute pics!!! Isn't it just amazing how kids "get" technology?? I'm sure our parents/grandparents said the same thing about us on the old-school Apples! We had one of those first Macs too when I was 7 or 8 too...LOVED it! I used it to paint mostly. Oregon Trail was the best though! We had that at school. You can download it for the iPhone now...not fun, but still way cool!

Amy on November 12, 2009 at 10:44 AM said...

Moriah is the same way. She loves our iphone. It is crazy how fast they can pick up on things. Ava is so cute!