"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Sunday, September 21, 2008

Be Still


In times when I can feel the Lord gently chastising me or showing me little pieces of His will for me, I take great comfort and encouragement in music. Some of my most incredible times of praise have been in the car with a CD blaring and me singing at the top of my lungs (My friend Ashley can attest to this...she and her husband caught me in the act a long time ago in Little Rock, AR).

This morning, on my way to church I had my Ginny Owens (if you don't know who she is, look her up...she's amazing!) CD on and it seemed that every song that came on, from the time I pulled out of my driveway to the time I turned off the engine in the church parking lot, was meant for my ears.

This one was the last one I heard before getting to church and it's been stuck in my head and heart all day...

Be still, my soul,
The Lord is on your side.
Bare patiently, the cross of grief or pain,
Leave to your God, to order and provide.
In every change He faithful will remain,
Be still, my soul,
Your best your heavenly friend,
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul,
Your God will undertake.
To guide the future as He has the past
Your hope your confidence let nothing shake
All now mysterious shall be bright at last
Be still, my soul,
The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them , while He lived below

Be still, my soul,
Be still, my soul,
Be still.

1 comments on "Be Still"

Anonymous said...

Im just in love with your blog!