"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Today marks 4 years since Paul and I said "I do." 4 years ago today, we drove up to San Jose to the Santa Clara County Courthouse and waited in line with about 3 other excited couples. It wasn't the dream wedding that any of us eager brides had dreamed about, with the white gowns and veils or the abundance of family all waiting to give us their congratulations, but that was fine. It was the marriage we really wanted. And Paul and I had the support of our families, even if they couldn't be there.

Our dear friend, Eddie accompanied us so that he could be our best man/witness, and afterward we treated him to breakfast at Denny's as a thank you. After breakfast, Paul and I drove up to San Fransisco to begin our 3 day honeymoon, but we arrived way too early to check in to our hotel room, so we went to see a movie...still decked out in our "wedding" attire. We saw "Paparazzi".

The day wasn't what I had always pictured, but it was perfect in all of it's casualness. There was no stress, no hurrying, no disappointment that one detail out of the millions of details didn't go right. It was just 2 people in love, vowing to spend forever with one another.

I love you Paul, and I wouldn't change a thing!








2 comments on "Happy Anniversary"

Paul Cortez on September 3, 2008 at 5:59 PM said...

Let's not forget to mention that neither of us remembered that today was our anniversary! Unbelievable. Never a dull day in our house. I love you, Anne!

Katie on September 4, 2008 at 9:14 AM said...

You guys are HAWT!