"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, September 1, 2008

Hair


First, let me preface this by saying that Éva’s hair grows in a very non-predictable pattern. She was cursed with her daddy's cow licks and because of this, her hair in the front grows straight down into her face. There is just nothing to be done about it.

For the last 6 months, I've done well at keeping her bangs trimmed and out of her face, but Paul and I recently decided to let her bangs grow out so that they can be pulled back in pig-tails or a pony-tail like the rest of her hair. (Paul wasn't a big fan of the bangs...I tried to justify them by showing him pictures of Suri Cruise and her very chic bangs...but he wasn't buying it)

Anyway, this is Éva's hair after 3 months of not cutting her bangs and it's driving me nuts! I just want to cut them so bad. Every time I look at her and those bangs are in her face I have to take a deep breath...surely that is annoying for her! But I resist and tell myself that in a few more months, they'll be long enough to fit into her pony tail.

Until then, we'll have hundreds of barrettes scattered across the house and still not one to be found when I need it.

2 comments on "Hair"

David Reed on September 1, 2008 at 10:07 PM said...

Katie and I think her hair looks cute in that picture. We miss Liam's surfer hair too and are letting it grow out.

Jacquie on September 2, 2008 at 10:54 AM said...

She's so pretty... Did you see the cupcake cone pics from yesterday? Ryan put 'em on his Flickr. She's way too cute for her own good, lol. :D