"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, September 22, 2008

Paul's Downfall


...will almost always be sunglasses or shoes. They are his weakness. He has an affinity for them the way I have an affinity for diaper bags (I'm on my third and in the market for number 4) and coffee cups.

Last night, on our way out the door for a family walk, he confessed that he had purchased yet another pair of sunglasses from the Navy Exchange. He first saw them a few weeks ago while we were walking around there, torturing ourselves by making lists in our heads of the things we would like but new we didn't need and couldn't afford. He stopped to gaze at the Aviator style Armani sunglasses on sale for $22 and I stopped to check out a Fossil handbag that could possibly be used as a very stylish diaper bag. He showed them to me and we both agreed that they weren't really needed (neither was my quasi-diaper bag) as he has a great pair of sunglasses already.

So, you can imagine my surprise (or lack thereof) when he stopped by his car, reached in and pulled them out. "I paid cash and they were only $17," he justified. I just rolled my eyes and said, "Oh, let me hold them...I want to see how they look on ME."

This then turned into a mini-photo shoot with his new sunglasses and my trusty $7 pair.


3 comments on "Paul's Downfall"

Jacquie on September 25, 2008 at 6:12 PM said...

Shizam! You little hottie! ;)

Paul Cortez on October 2, 2008 at 9:46 PM said...

FLDS

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful in these pictures, Anne!
(Totally random) But your jawline looks really nice and pronounced!

I love you!