"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Sweetest Words


Éva loves to make me wait for things. I think she knows how badly I struggle with patience. When I call her to me, she takes her sweet time, taking the smallest, slowest baby steps I've ever seen. If I tell her she needs to finish her dinner, she doddles all that much more. And when it comes to her milestones, she's always made me wait. She made me wait until she was almost 9 months old to see her crawl. She made me wait until she was 14 months old to see her walk. Her first word was "Dada" when I specifically asked her to say "Mama" first and now, she's already told Paul "I love you" and I haven't been able to get her to say it to me even by bribing her with fruit snacks and juice.

But, tonight, as I left her room from kissing her good night, there it was; with no coaxing, bribing or prodding..."I luh you, Momma."

My heart melted in my chest and I turned right back around, peeked my head in and said, " I love you too, Love Bug."

That little stinker.

0 comments on "The Sweetest Words"