"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baby Dedication





Today was Izzy's baby dedication. It was short, sweet and perfect in all of it's casualness. Pastor Brad encouraged the congregation to join him in a beautiful prayer for our baby girl and for us as her parents. There, in front of our church body, we committed in prayer to raise Izzy in the fear and admonition of the Lord. We made a vow to God to train her up to look always to Him and not to herself for life's decisions both big and small. We promised to never get in His way as He molds our daughter's heart to do what HE wills for her, and not what we will.

As simple as this sounds, I know it will be hard. I know that as the girls grow up, Paul and I will struggle with making plans in our heads for the direction in which WE think they should go but knowing that ultimately, God's will for them must be done, whether we understand it or not. They may be called into the deserts of a foreign country or they may have the "simple" yet glorious tasks of being wives and mothers. Either way, Paul and I have the responsibility to nurture their love for their Maker and their desire to seek out HIS plans for their lives. Paul and I will have to remember everyday to place the lives of our children into the hands of the Father, knowing that He loves them more than we can possibly imagine and has a purpose for them.

I know I will struggle with letting go when it comes time. But I won't worry about that for now. Tomorrow will come soon enough.

"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain." Psalm 127:1

0 comments on "Baby Dedication"